The Skinny Kid from Texas:
- Vice President and Escrow Officer, El Paso Title – 2009 to 2014
- Consultant, Proven Direct – 2007 to 2009
- Director of Sales and Marketing, Proven Pictures – 2006 to 2007
- Owner, Jim’s Photo Lab – 1993 to 2006
- Creator, Photo Lab Calendar Creation Software – 2004
- Creator, Seller Net Sheet calculators – 2011
- Speaker, PMA, DIMA, PRO, IPI conventions
- IPI Board of Directors, 2004 to 2006
- Chairman, IPI Marketing Committee, 2003 to 2006
- PMA Minilab Advisory Committee, 2002 to 2005
- Insanely proud grandfather since 2000
- All around nice guy, 1960 to 2015 and beyond
After graduating from El Paso High School in 1978, Jim started college at UTEP but quickly veered into a photography career, photographing weddings and events while working at various photo studios, labs, and newspapers.
In 1993 Jim opened Jim’s Photo Lab which quickly became the west side’s premier photo specialty store. Jim became recognized nationally and internationally for his marketing prowess and innovative promotion techniques. Jim was a regular speaker at industry conventions throughout the country.
In 1998 Jim met the love of his life, Gretchen, and after a year and a half courtship Jim and Gretchen were married in 2000.
In 2006, Jim and Gretchen sold Jim’s Photo Lab and Jim helped Proven Pictures start their wholesale services offering calendars, books, and folded greeting cards to photo labs throughout the United States. Once the multi-year launch was successful Jim stayed on as a consultant for Proven Direct, the parent company of Proven Pictures.
In 2009 Jim joined El Paso Title, a real estate title company founded by his grandfather Cotton Schwarzbach in 1930. Jim currently works at El Paso Title as the vice president with his cousin, Suzi Phillips, the president of El Paso Title.